Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Good Job Everyone

Especially in the west there have been very few accidents (sadly still a few) this year. That is a very good trend that we can all be proud of.

It seems to take a while for accidents to show up but from what I know CADORS is an accurate representation of reality. Anyone know any different?

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/cadors-screaq/qr.aspx?lang=eng&cadorsno=&regcd=0&occdtefrom=&occdteto=2011-11-07&occtypecd=1&fatop=%3e%3d&fatal=0&aeroidtxt=&aeroidcd=&loc=&provcd=0&accatcd=2&acoptxt=&acopcd=&acmaketxt=&acmakecd=&acmodeltxt=&acmodelcd=&evnts=&evtype=0&narr=

One accident is still too many. Also, the number of unreported incidents is probably in the 100's every year.

In my mind, this year was a terrible year not just for rotary but for the fixed wing side of it too.

Although inherently dangerous, our jobs **** well should be getting safer every year.

whats the rate per hour flown?

thats what clinches it for me on whether it was a safer year or not.

accidents are related to the flying season, busy or not.

In my little fishbowl, I am down easily 40% on work for a number of factors...one definately being the amount of hours flown in the field. So my jury is out on whether or not the year has been safer or not.