Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Need Advice

fresh

Trying to sort out the next move. Eventually looking to go offshore. I know the road ahead of me is long.

I'm stuck between 2 thoughts. Pay for the instrument and night training in a helicopter or pay for a PPLA and night/IFR which would total about the same(ish) but I can then rent a plane for building instrument time.

Looking for advice guys and gals, thanks

Trying to sort out the next move. Eventually looking to go offshore. I know the road ahead of me is long.

I'm stuck between 2 thoughts. Pay for the instrument and night training in a helicopter or pay for a PPLA and night/IFR which would total about the same(ish) but I can then rent a plane for building instrument time.

Looking for advice guys and gals, thanks

what's your experience ?

At a 1000 hrs, the ball should be just starting to roll for you in the VFR world. Stick with that for a few years get some time, have some fun and make some money before doing the switch.

If you plan on flying fixed wing some day for fun or career, go for it. Two ratings for the same price. Otherwise its just extra time and exams you have to write.