Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Impared Passenger Lifting Equipment!

C-FXFX

G'Day!

Many year ago i saw a sort of lifting system that you can lift a person from ground to the seat level safely!

In a BH206/407 on standard skid not a problem but on EC350 it can be difficult!

With a small electric motor or hydraulic (i do not remember!) you driving a side platform fixe on the machine and when finish it small enough to fit in the bagage compartment.

I look at GOOGLE but no success for now

Tank's

Guy

• Like 1

G'Day!

Many year ago i saw a sort of lifting system that you can lift a person from ground to the seat level safely!

In a BH206/407 on standard skid not a problem but on EC350 it can be difficult!

With a small electric motor or hydraulic (i do not remember!) you driving a side platform fixe on the machine and when finish it small enough to fit in the bagage compartment.

I look at GOOGLE but no success for now

Tank's

Guy

OK!OK! I mean IMPAIRED MOBILITY....

OK!OK! I mean IMPAIRED MOBILITY....

Hi Guy ( if its the Guy I know)

Wasn't sure sure you were still alive.. I see now you are determined to keep flying despite your impairments! :lol:

I know the gadget you speak of but have no clue where you could find one, good idea though if someone could build and sell them.

Best/Salut

John

post-6107-0-02449000-1351836543_thumb.jpg

Hi Guy ( if its the Guy I know)

Wasn't sure sure you were still alive.. I see now you are determined to keep flying despite your impairments! :lol:

I know the gadget you speak of but have no clue where you could find one, good idea though if someone could build and sell them.

Best/Salut

John

Humm! Maybe the wrong GUY but anyway tank you for the messsage!

In fact someone (who in a near futur will have to use a weelchair!) approch me with this request!

Guy

Contact these guys:

www.alaskahelicopterflightseeing.com

Are you able to accommodate disabled people?

A. We are the only helicopter company in Alaska to offer a wheelchair lift to assist disabled or elderly persons in experiencing the adventure of Alaska. This lift helps passengers in and out of the helicopter from a seated position such as a wheelchair. If a guest requires the use of our lift for boarding they must remain seated in the helicopter upon landing on the glacier landing because there is no lift on the glacier. However, with the Astar B2 helicopter we use, we are able to completely open the sides of the helicopter during landings so that guests who may be disabled can still see, smell and feel the glacier without having to get out of the helicopter. Also, we cannot use the lift for passengers on our dog sledding tour.