Jump to content

Canadian License

Recommended Posts

I am also lead to believe...transport now says, that to have a a ATPL qualifying (twin engine, 2 pilot) PPC ....you have to be an employee of said company.


If true, that narrows it down to .....um, medivac, and about 3 companies in all of Canada.


Does that sound right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't flown commercially in Canada in many years but I imagine the list is a little longer than 3. Examples include...

- Helijet (scheduled airline, charter and air ambulance)
- London Air Services (charter)
- STARS (air ambulance)
- Canadian Helicopters (air ambulance 76 EMS in Halifax and VIP Quebec)
- Helicopter Transport Services (North Warning contract)
- ORNGE (air ambulance)
- Cougar (offshore and SAR)
- CHC Global Ops (still with some operational control in Vancouver)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I read it that you thought there were only 3 total.


None of those companies are going to expect you to have a PPC upon hire; if you get the nod they're going to give you training and a ride. That's the norm.


Your vfr background, attitude, perceived ability to upgrage to captain etc....all hold a lot more weight then a current PPC especially when you haven't been using it operationally.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...