Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian License

I am also lead to believe...transport now says, that to have a a ATPL qualifying (twin engine, 2 pilot) PPC ....you have to be an employee of said company.

If true, that narrows it down to .....um, medivac, and about 3 companies in all of Canada.

Does that sound right?

I haven't flown commercially in Canada in many years but I imagine the list is a little longer than 3. Examples include...

- Helijet (scheduled airline, charter and air ambulance)
- London Air Services (charter)
- STARS (air ambulance)
- Canadian Helicopters (air ambulance 76 EMS in Halifax and VIP Quebec)
- Helicopter Transport Services (North Warning contract)
- ORNGE (air ambulance)
- Cougar (offshore and SAR)
- CHC Global Ops (still with some operational control in Vancouver)

Sorry, I read it that you thought there were only 3 total.

None of those companies are going to expect you to have a PPC upon hire; if you get the nod they're going to give you training and a ride. That's the norm.

Your vfr background, attitude, perceived ability to upgrage to captain etc....all hold a lot more weight then a current PPC especially when you haven't been using it operationally.

ttf