Jump to content

Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contracting In Australia


Recommended Posts

You have bit of homework to do. Some companies may be set up to pay you contract as long as you or rather your corporation are set up that way.

If you are working as an employee cra will want to know if the aussies tax at the same rate as canada.

You will want all the required proof of that for your canada tax return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might be worth looking into beforehand, lots of guys go without or just don't think they need it, which is fine until #### goes sideways. Plus incorporating costs upwards of $500, wcb is ridiculously expensive, and insurance well depends how much coverage you want. If you work on a daily rate you're an employee, they will take tax deductions and you'll be covered under employers insurance and wcb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...