Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Night rating currency

SAS

Was still plenty of light when I went by Gerry's place...could still read the maps at the border....worst part was the lightning storm hitting Wpg airport when I was landing. I could have stayed in Rennie if I was getting worried...lots of friends out that way...

Also could have stayed at Barts place ..but as I said I had lots of light until I got to Rennie...I don't make it a habit ...but I do have lots of night flying now after 45 yrs...the one that I didn't like was coming up the east coast from Maine with my friend John S...John's flown ifr on everything...we have a full moon shining on the ocean on our right side...lots of fuel...clear night...what could go wrong...well the next day coming home in day time the engine chip light came on...

Just checked my log book...I bought my night training at Vega Heli in Jan 1983. No one was going to do it so I did it myself...When I was out in Manitoba a few years ago I did 4 trips into town late in the evenings for maintenance....first time I remember the engineers at the hangar said...I see you are now current again for night flights...landed at 1015 Pm .