Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

"imax: Straight Up: Helicopters In Action"

CaptW5

I've got this movie on dvd and it's the best show about helicopters I've ever seen :shock: :shock:

it's the "normal" job of a lot of guys on this forum but for a low timer like me it's amazing. No BS, just superb helicopters in action.

on a big screen :up: :up:

I picked up a copy of the DVD at HAI lat February. It's pretty good. When people ask me questions about helicopters now, I just lend them the movie. Pretty much answers all their questions.

I even got to see the "making of" last summer. Lance at Pacific Air Crane spent two years working on that documentary the crew made their own documentary about the documentary. He's got some pretty good stories about that time too... :up:

Yeah that's a great flik for sure. My favorite scene is the Bell 47 hovering in a small field while the narrator describes the flight controls. Sure makes it look a lot easier than it is though haha. But when the heli flys towards the camera then does a steep flare with the tail just above the ground...awesome shot! And for what it's worth, those guys working the power lines are equally talented and bonkers. :up:

ok... so they put it on a half hour early!!! still was pretty good... i see what you mean, ryan, about the b47 segment... excellent!! :up:

it did surprise me a little that there was no mention/footage of a 206/205/S76... and martin sheen has to learn to pronounce cyclic NOT as if you were sending a dog to fetch it!!! :wacko:

i did enjoy, however... must have been deadly on the IMAX screen!!! :up: B)