Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Apprentice Available.

highgear

i am an apprentice with 6 months experience on 206,206L and a bit of time on B205, any advice as to some places to continue my carreer?? i worked a camp schedule and enjoyed the work, but just needed a change, and now am starting out again on my quest for employment. any advice would be really appreciated.

also a graduate of sait in 2005 for what it's worth.

Edited by highgear

i am an apprentice with 6 months experience on 206,206L and a bit of time on B205, any advice as to some places to continue my carreer?? i worked a camp schedule and enjoyed the work, but just needed a change, and now am starting out again on my quest for employment. any advice would be really appreciated.

also a graduate of sait in 2005 for what it's worth.

you worked a camp schedule for 6 months and quit cause you needed a change?? or is their more to it? if not it sounds like you should try a fixed wing company that works out of a hanger all the time

First off, it's no bodies business why the camp lifestyle is not for him, but it raises some very valid points for any of the new guys looking to join this industry. It can happen to you. Make sure you know exactly what you're getting into before you make the leap of faith.

Second, I hope you have not quit your present job before you started looking. Winter Overhauls are a possibility for you, but you need probably need to work for the Borg, are you up to it? In the spring, you'll find that nice underpaid hanger job will turn back into a bush rotation, which we know you're not into.

With your low experience, good luck finding what you crave. You're still a pawn in the big picture.