Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bc Air Ambulance?

I was curious if anyone could shed some light on the air ambulance program and IFR operators in BC? Does VIH still have the bell 222? Are there any pilots that work for Helijet that live on the Island? Has there been any more talk of off shore drilling programs on the west coast?

VIH no longer has the Air Ambulance contract, it's just Helijet now I believe. We have 2 S-76's and a few King Airs dedicated to the ambulance operation. Now that I think of it there is also Canada Coastal who run a LearJet for ambulance work, so there must be others as well.

There are 3 Helijet pilots living here on the Island (4 if you count ETA's chief pilot for the S-61.... and 5 if you count me, the lucky S.O.B. who gets to do a repo flight to Port Alberni in the '61 in a few weeks)

If you're looking for any specific info about the company send me a PM and I'll tell ya what I can. ;)

Ry.

Edited by Ryan

7 years ago VIH had all three contracts. Then they lost the one in vancouver to Helijet. Then they lost the one in Victoria to Helijet. So now they only have the Rupert contrect.

I have some graph paper if any one wants to plot the trend.

For now Helijet has both the southern contracts which they operate as one in service and one on standby. The standby machine is activated when the primary machine launches.

STARS out of Calgary keeps threatening to put a machine in Kamloops.

Bottom line for now is pretty much Helijet for Ambulance B.C.

The contract is up for renewal in 2008.