Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Rates For Bell Mediums

I am starting to field calls for the summer contracts. Anyone care to share what they are signed up for money wise? I am thinking of asking $180-$200 per hour. Is that in the ball park with others? Last year I went out at $175.00 per hour with a 2 hour per day minimum on a 120 day contract (28 days in / 7 off, travel on work days). This was flying Bell mediums (04,05)

i'm taking a break from teaching for the summer and am going out on fires. i took a 4 month contract with a rate at the high end of your scale and similiar terms............

i definitely wouldn't go lower. we have to keep those contract rates going up!! :up:

i'm taking a break from teaching for the summer and am going out on fires. i took a 4 month contract with a rate at the high end of your scale and similiar terms............

i definitely wouldn't go lower. we have to keep those contract rates going up!! :up:

would these be fire contracts, or seismic, or anything that comes down the pipeline, your gonna have to do.

The reason I ask, is I have been out of flying in Canada for years, but am considering a come back, but never worked contract, and am out of touch with the real world.

Feel free to spill your gutz and and tell me all I need to know, and even better, who to fly for.

Thanks.

OK, are your hours averaged over your contract, or, if you say fly 6 hours on any day, you will get paid for those 6 hours, and tomorrow will be a new day.

When I worked for CHC, they averaged the hours,and if you were on a long term fire contract, and it was very hard to exceed the hours that forestry contracted for, even if you stayed out all summer.

Mine were averaged i.e. 80/month for 4 month contract = 320 hours guarantee for 4 months (4 weeks on/ 1 week off...so really almost only 3 months of work). Great gig, beautiful scenery, good guarantee and great cash; life doesn't get any better.

Right now I'm a 4/day minimum no averaging, so there are various options and arrangment out there.