Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Float Training in B.C.

neolynx

Thanks for the reply imfsub12:

However I am trying to point out that if TC were to drop the requirement for solo before issuing the license and have the student take a flight test ride it would be far cheaper due to not having to pay the high insurance rates for low time pilots to solo.

I am in the training business myself and would like to see TC drop the manditory five solo circuits...It proves nothing, just puts up our insurance costs.

Chas W.

imfsub12:

I,m sorry no I don't need an instructor, but you will find work just keep at it.

Aviation is very cyclical and good times always follow the bad.

There are two main factors in finding employment, first is having a proper positive attitude and being willing to work hard to get ahead. Second is being in the right place at the right time.

I have spent a whole lifetime in this business and now that I am about to retire I have more work than I want to do, and it is very interesting and pays exceptionaly well, however I have decided to semi retire and just start a one person advanced flight training business targeting young pilots who wish to learn Bush flying.

As far as suggesting that TC drop the solo requirement, I have done that, however TC is a bureaucratic monster that nothing can penetrate, including common sense.

You keep at it and it will come. :D

Chas W.

imfsub12:

Sure if you want some of my work no p[roblem.

Go to.. http://www.tidetech.com/fighterfactory/

Look at the flyable aircraft and click on the picture of the PBY. read the story about the PBY and click on more pictures, at the bottom..

I just delivered that airplane to the fighter factory from Johannesberg South Africa via London England....

They want me to go back to Suffolk VA to train them for type ratings, so if you want to do it I'll give it to you. :D

Like I said I'm getting tired of being away from home so I am going to do something simple....start a bush pilot training school. :D

Chas W.

Hi Folks,

I am trying to upgrade my status from newbie to member and the only way to do this is post, so here I go.

I enjoy reading all these posts but don't reply much. Must be my personality :)

Anyway, something interesting that I thought I would add is that a friend of mine has a C185 on floats. He has around 200 hrs total time. His insurance company requires him to have 50 hrs. dual(float time) before they will allow him to fly it solo on floats. This wasn't so a couple of years ago(pre 9-11)

It seems to me the insurance companies have a big voice into what goes on and TC should be changing some of their requirments to reflect the changes.

Thats all for now :D