Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Fadec

hungstart

Lets suppose you find a USB adaptor, how will MTerm know to look for that port? I just checked my version of MTerm (2.00) and it says it looks only for COM1.

Any computer guys out there that can us the difference between a COM port and a USB port?

I am fortunate to have a laptop that still has all the "old" ports.

I use a Belkin USB adapter. Works well, just have to remember to plug it in after you have launched the engine program. I have had no luck with the instuments yet with it though. One of the other guys have a different adapter and has had luck with both, I will ask what brand and post it later. hope this helps

I use a belkin as well, and have no problem working with the Instrument software.

The ECU software won't accept the belkin as a serial port even if I plug it in after

I have launched the program. It says there are no serial ports available. I would like to know what the other guys are using if they don't have serial ports on their laptops. I have a sony with windows XP

thanks tweaker,

do you use this adapter for the instruments or for the ecu? when I was at bell I believe they recommended an adapter for the instruments but couldn't find one that worked for the ecu, although they kew of people that have made it work.

I have a belkin adapter that works for the instruments nothing that seems to work for the ecu.