Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Astar Fx

I think it's also important to note that the service from Heli-lynx has been excellent so far. This says a lot considering what's going on in this industry these days.

Some people complain about Eurocopter manuals (I don't mind them), however personally I found Heli-Lynx supporting documentation to be less than helpful maintenance wise.

You're right about that lunch box, the installation and maintenance manual needs some tweeking but they repeatedly tell us they want to know how it could be improved so don't hesitate to e-mail them any problem areas you may have.

We haven't had to use their manuals for trouble shooting yet due to lack of breakdowns. (again, knock on wood!!)

I also think the twin FX electrical mod is a bit of a two steps forward, one step back result. Great to have toggle switches and circuit breakers, but cramming everything into the rear baggage bay may prove to be somewhat problematic in its own right down the road. Many of those breakers (and other components) are awkward to get to, and changing them can be an ordeal an a half. Also, c20s tend to leak oil and on the twin the oil weeps down into that forward arear of the rear baggage bay, where all the new electrics are. On the other hand, time may prove me to be completely wrong :wacko:

I think the jury's still out on the new generation Lycomings (as with any new technology or modification). The true test will be time. If in 10-15 years people are still happy with them, then it will be considered a success.

We haven't had to use their manuals for trouble shooting yet due to lack of breakdowns. (again, knock on wood!!)

Well, lucky you! :lol: Perhaps I'm in the minority, but my luck wasn't quite so good :( With my luck, it may have been fourtunate that I divested myself completely of everything Lycoming/Heli-Lynx, and am back to EC/Arriel :punk:

What component overhaul issues? We operate two of em and aside with some tail rotor gearbox overhaul TBO weirdness that comes with a B3 wide chord tail rotor there are no issues that I'm aware of.

I heard Eurocopter also wasn't keen on the B3 blades on non-B3 tailbooms. Any update/clarification on that?