Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Driver - Found Nigel Gee

407Driver - The pilot at Mt Cook you were supposed to meet up with but didnt, I found him.

Was up flying with the air attack supervisor in the 206L here in northern Sydney yesterday and spent the afternoon working with one of Erickson's S-64Fs, as well as about six other aircraft.

Well when we landed the co-pilot of the Crane was none other than the pilot you missed. He said to pass on his apologies and that he missed you by a couple of days.

Fires are starting to pick up here. We have six mediums, the Crane and about five 206Ls and Bs.

Heli Ops

Thanks Ned. We're finally out of the freezer up here, it was -35 C a few mornings ago. Warmed up to -12 C now, almost tropical ??? :D

Tell Nigel Thanks for the Invite to fly in his 355 around Mt Cook, but you know what I think of EC, so I wasn't too heartbroken to miss that one ;)

CTD, I found YOUR website, ...If you can't be in NZ, this is the next best thing....

CTDs NZ Gal

407Driver - Just got back home last night as we wound that fire up. Nigel is going to drop you an email and I gave him the forum URL so he might drop in here.

He and Dennis were flying the Crane with us for a couple of days but he is now on days off.

Will try and snap some pics of Nigel and the Crane and email when I get a chance. Things are hotting up here so fire season might finally be coming to something.

Heli Ops