Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

H.a.c.k.

Is there anyone out there that participated in the H.A.C. 2009 convention? As it was the first one that I have gone to, I couldn't help but notice that aside from all the free goodies, copious amounts of free booze and a good time reminiscing with old friends, the convention itself was kind of pathetic. Did anyone else sense this?

Is there anyone out there that participated in the H.A.C. 2009 convention? As it was the first one that I have gone to, I couldn't help but notice that aside from all the free goodies, copious amounts of free booze and a good time reminiscing with old friends, the convention itself was kind of pathetic. Did anyone else sense this?

Then perhaps you should have helped yourself to more of that free booze! :prop:

It was all in the scheduling. The Sunday schedule had most of the important committee meetings all lumped together. It would have been good to go to more than one,and jumping around just wasn't practical. Eurocopter had 4 hours for it's technical briefing. Bells was 3 hours but again it overlapped the committee meetings. The h.a.c. centric events were almost exclusively on their own. I realize that someone is going to say "you should plan your priorities bla bla bla" but this wasn't the H.A.I. where something actually is achieved, I heard a lot about this committee and that committee, but it seems that H.A.C. is more focused on having committee after committee meeting and" we're hoping to's " No matter what some of you thin

k about this thread, quite a few others see it the same way as I do. Free booze and appies were good though.