Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Banff Fire

Thanks to the 212 drivers who put out the fire half mile from my place. One Alpine and one Tranwest I think. As much I live the sound of a Bell medium, it's a little disconcerting to look out the kitchen window and see one bucketing a fire right by my house! good job guys.

Mark

Yes, Mark...when we had the Hayman fires a few summers ago, the orange, smoke-filled sky was choking for days; sure was good to hear the helis and water bombers because I KNEW they'd knock it down and git 'er done. Tons of rain this spring; if the wildfire season is minimal, I will miss that sound. :rolleyes: Take care and be safe all!

Hey Twinne...the it's still a little hazy here today, but there's no smell of smoke this morning. With the forecast, I would say that the burn will be done this weekend.

Deuce, the burn by my house wasn't the prescribed one...some illegal campers started it, and then parks pulled the 2 machines from the prescribed burn to work on the smaller one.

Mark

Hey Twinne...the it's still a little hazy here today, but there's no smell of smoke this morning. With the forecast, I would say that the burn will be done this weekend.

Deuce, the burn by my house wasn't the prescribed one...some illegal campers started it, and then parks pulled the 2 machines from the prescribed burn to work on the smaller one.

Mark

I'm glad you're okay, Mark.