Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Acceptable Low-time Pilot Pay Rates

It says that if you fly agricultural spraying off the coast of Australia at night in a single pilot helicopter and you have over 3000 hours of cattle-mustering experience in a Bell47, and over 9 years with the same employer with less than 9 sick days claimed on Melbourne Cup Day, you may attempt to claim a discount on your night-vision goggles.

However this discount appears to be too insufficient for you to hire a nanny to put your daughter to bed, or for you to hire a handyman to tackle that honey-do list.

Basically it is the same bucket of crap that you are in now, but the Aussies at least wrote it down.

I wonder if someone could do that for us?? Where is HEPAC when we need them ??

Absolutely Friggin Priceless :lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over-Talk.

Good pick up! A bit of thread creep here, but if you think the award is confusing & want a good laugh then have a look at these instructions for the use of the Australian Regulations!!-

"Just to make your day, here is an extract from the CASA guide "How to use the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998" — demonstrating what you may have to wade through.

' ... note that 'the Regulations' contains many 'regulations' within it. In other words, Regulations means the whole statutory document; a regulation is a particular kind of part of it. The Regulations are divided into Parts, each Part dealing with a particular topic. A Part may be divided into Subparts, and a Subpart into Divisions. Divisions are divided into regulations, but a Part or Subpart can also be divided directly into regulations (that is, a Part need not have Subparts, and a Subpart need not have Divisions). An individual regulation may be divided into subregulations, a subregulation into paragraphs and a paragraph into subparagraphs. A regulation that is not divided into subregulations can be directly divided into paragraphs"

.....WTF?!?!?!?!

The regs & award would be a handy to have in the helicopter in the event you were stuck in the bush & needed to wipe.....something.

Back to the subject-

Zazu,

I have an opinion on the award which I won't elaborate on here, as the thread is not about Australia. I also don't have a particular point to make, just thought some might be interested as aviation is a worldwide industry. To save you some time-

Table of Contents - part 4 section 18 - Minimum wages

Section 18.4 Helicopter Operations - Schedule E

Schedule E - Minimum salaries

"E.5.1 Minimum salaries

The following minimum salaries must be paid to pilots employed on on-shore

helicopter operations:

Minimum salary per annum

$Single engine

1st year of service 41,332"

No offence taken. I hope your daughter slept well & the bills weren't too big!

Over Talk...You made my day. That is now my official wallpaper ! Heli-duck...thanks for the cole's notes. And given that they mandate 41 k for a 100 hour wonder I bet you have your opinions.

Note: The bills are always too big or I wouldn't have to work

My daughter is 22 months old and like her old man thinks too much...I'm tired! LOL

As for the honey-do list..well, as those of you still hitched know very well...I'm screwed!

Zazu