Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Acceptable Low-time Pilot Pay Rates

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1cloud

My first job in 2002, $10 flight hour $68 per day $25perdiem if I was on a revenue contract .no such thing as a duty day. The only perk was there was Beer in the fridge at all times. I have my first flying invoice framed to remind me that I don’t have it so bad.

I framed the Bill for the endorsement too!!

Summer 2001, flying an R22 in the Barren Lands, NWT: $1500/month, $25/hr. No charge for the tent, food, bug spray. The experience was priceless, for everything else there was Mastercard.

DM

Guest plumber
My first job in 2002, $10 flight hour $68 per day $25perdiem if I was on a revenue contract .no such thing as a duty day. The only perk was there was Beer in the fridge at all times. I have my first flying invoice framed to remind me that I don’t have it so bad.

I framed the Bill for the endorsement too!!

There's beer in the fridge man! You sound like a bit of a trouble maker.

I'm presently bearing down on 900 helicopter hours working in Seward Alaska flying an R44. April and May were slow made $3500. per month, but June and July have been busy and making $5000. + per month. The flying is interesting though the weather has been terrible 60% of the time.

My first season worked for GSH as a 160 hour wonder making $70. per day plus $40. per day per diem and $50. hour flight pay. Free lodging and 24 hour daylight! It was a great experience, too bad the economy tanked that summer.

I think that as long as someone is paying you a livable wage and treats you right you are doing ok while you get going. Never for free as that is bad for everyone.

I dont believe that you should pay anything for endorsements etc. That's their part of the deal.

After you have cut some teeth and are pulling your own the pay should follow.

Be loyal to the company that gives you the break but remember, they have to take care of you too.

If you get a better offer, at least let them match it.