Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Comeptitive Pay

Wow, good coin, and very low taxes. What world are you in? Overseas working Canadian and hence the major tax breaks? Where is home now and where was it on your previous VFR job?

How do you like the switch to IFR? Is it mind numbing or do you still find it satisfying flying? Regardless, the money is good.

Thanks for the info.

I'm on the VFR side in Canada and making the lower end of the range that Pilot 5 said on lights/intermediates. 1000-1500hr range. The money is very slowly starting to improve and am currently enjoying the benefits of a base pilot being home every night. That is bound to change with fire season upon us...good and bad.

C

Fell off the planet for a while...my apologies. Thank you very much for your replies.

As near as I can tell, not much (well...nothing actually) has changed since my departure.

Looks like I will stay put indefinitely at this stage. Doesn't look very financially attractive for a return anytime soon. After tax, there can't be too much left in one's pocket!!

For reference:

Previous Job: All figures are in today's exchange rate.

Long lining in light/intermediate, Mon-Fri, 1000-1600 (max 5hrs daily), home every night.

Total package: $11,700/month

Tax capped at 17%.

I decided to change over to the dark side (2 crew IFR) after 12 years and recently took a job as an FO on an AW139 to fill in the other side of my logbook.

5 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 2 days off, home every night, latest shift gets me in the door at 0000 earliest gets me to the hangar at 0730.

Total package: $9000/month

Tax capped at 7%.

Thanks again for the info!!

Wow, good coin, and very low taxes. What world are you in? Overseas working Canadian and hence the major tax breaks? Where is home now and where was it on your previous VFR job?

How do you like the switch to IFR? Is it mind numbing or do you still find it satisfying flying? Regardless, the money is good.

Thanks for the info.

I'm on the VFR side in Canada and making the lower end of the range that Pilot 5 said on lights/intermediates. 1000-1500hr range. The money is very slowly starting to improve and am currently enjoying the benefits of a base pilot being home every night. That is bound to change with fire season upon us...good and bad.

C

What I'm doing is working the 6 and 6 overseas with decent benefits then back doing some VFR work in Canada over the summer. It means steady paychech all year, little BS as possible. Run by Brits. Total gentleman. Then the Canadian work if it becomes annoying or if forestry becomes impossible to deal with just walk! Screw'em..not dependent so not required to deal with crap. But if it is enjoyable and I luck out then its extra cash and some extra fun.

Best of both worlds. with not having to worry about much. :up:

P5

• Like 1