Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Summer Job For My Kid.

Wiggins

My Son will be finished his first year of AMT at Canadore College this spring and was wondering if anyone on the forum would know of an AMO looking for summer help. He has something lined up in the stiff wing world but he would much prefer the helicopter route.

If you have any suggestions send me (Dave) an Email pts12@videotron.ca

• Like 5

He is actually very ambitious. At this point he has two offers from folks who know him well. One as I said before is stiff wing maintenance, the other is environmental which involves killing seagulls all summer with birds of prey. The seagull eradication gig pays well and he'd be living at home so for him is a good choice for banking cash for next term. This post was commented upon as being a joke but I felt that using the forum as a kind of old boys network to find him something in helicopter ops would be acceptable. I started as a hangar rat in 83 and have always found jobs since by word of mouth. So if anyone knows anyone whose looking for someone to haul nets and wash machines for the summer let me know. We live North of Montreal but he has a car and is willing to go anywhere.

No bud. I'm someone who has worked my *** off, driven across the country many times to make and keep contacts. The first comment of it being a joke is because alot of guys are in my boat and have not had our fathers trying to find us work. We're dealing with more young people that feel they are entitled. I understand you wanting to network for your kid but it's easy enough for him to create his own account, introduce himself and then try to find work on his own.

• Like 2

Exactly ROTOR. Lighten up upanddown. Put it this way, if your kid wanted to get in, wouldn't you do everything you could to help him out (after of course, trying your best to convince him/her not to enter this crazy career in the first place!)? Use everything you can to your advantage, within reason of course!

• Like 1

Exactly ROTOR. Lighten up upanddown. Put it this way, if your kid wanted to get in, wouldn't you do everything you could to help him out (after of course, trying your best to convince him/her not to enter this crazy career in the first place!)? Use everything you can to your advantage, within reason of course!

I used to say the same thing about this crazy biz. In retrospect this business has been very good to me.. I've always been able to buy the homes of my choice, had some toys and never been unemployed. A lot of kids go into a college program that really does not prepare them for any kind of job. With AMT you can have a license after three years. That to me is awesome. I did suggest the program to him but also told him that if he never went into the business I would not care. Who really knows what they want to do when they are eighteen?