Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

NLC type Courses

LABO441

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 3:40 PM, lamanated said:

remember as well their courses are only recognized in Canada , so dont look for international work.  They would do well to add FAA approval.. 

I don't believe A&P's require a FAA approved type course to certify maintenance on turbine powered helicopters the way TC requires.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, sven said:

I don't believe A&P's require a FAA approved type course to certify maintenance on turbine powered helicopters the way TC requires.

I thought they did  and Canadians cant apply for the out of country jobs with a TC rating, they only wanted the Faa , Turbomeca gave up both when we asked.

I don't believe A&P's need type courses to sign out an aircraft like we do in Canada.  There still could be FAA courses available if wanted.  I thought a whole class of FAA inspectors a couple years back, and they got a TC approval number on there certificates.  The FAA courses are open book, so they are not transferrable to Canada.  

Countries like Europe, NZ, Australia and others do require type courses with local approvals, so a TC approved course may not be accepted.