Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Recent school experiences........

Canrotor

Hello All,

Any new 100 hr helo pilots just out of flight training in the last month or so wish to pass on any info about school experiences/recommendations where to train....?

What about anyone just starting helo flight training....which school did you pick and why....???

According to the last issue of Helicopters magazine the helicopter flight schools around the country are still busy with some schools having a waiting list to get started.....even with the high cost of training and lack of jobs....

I also understand a good school in B.C is closing its'' doors for whatever reason...Keith MacMillan at " Delta Helicopters" is moving on.......

THANKS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I trained with Airborne's flight training unit in Kelowna and have nothing but great things to say abt the program. I wouldn't do the course justice in typed words. If you want to check it out, they are at airborneflighttraining.com and now have video on the site of 100% student flights (most of the video shots were dual flight). The major benefit I can highlight was the 4 day bush camp wrap-up course in the Monashee Mtns with pinnacle landings to 8000' ASL, pad bldg and landings, longlining and water bucketing. My thoughts / impressions are based on ltd experience with one school but I suppose that's the case with most pilots.

Hope this helps.

100'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone out there that got accepted to Canadore this year only to be told that the program could not run because of the loss of their chief instructor...C.Sulivan will

be hard to replace.

Are you going to wait until next year for the Canadore program or has anyone decided to start at a private helo flight school..???

Was also told for the second time that Canadore is still seeking funding from the government to subsidize the entire flight program..!! How about 100 hours helo time for $2000...!!!!! Can you hear the small private flight training companies screaming now...!!!!! :shock:

newly done myself and being from the east coast, :up: i must say that gander flight trainning for helo was a great place and experience to do my CHPL . Not many big old mnts to land on but survival ,first aid and CRM cources ect....U name it, Also let me tell u ;the people , well i don't think i have enough space to explain how much i enjoyed it :D as for the instructor "norgy" just great and here also i could go on and on .......anyway thanks again for the awsome trainning !!!

salut !!