Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drunk Pilots

The sentence isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that THIS TIME they were caught, but how many other times did they escape that detection that nobody except them knows about. Think on that one for a minute if you flew on that airline over the last 5 years + or if you shared the sky with them on some occasion.

Guest Bullet Remington

This isn't the first incident for this specific company.

When I worked for them, the Manager of Heavy Maintenance was breath tested following lunch. He was way beyond the limit and was walked out the door immediately.

Two weeks later the FAA came down on the Chief Inspector, who was then removed.

A week prior to that, a dead heading pilot, catching a run from Phoenix to Florida, went snakey on the Trolly Dolly because she refused to let him sit up in First class because he was skunked! Ended up diverting into Tuscon and having the police haul him off.

There are numerous others, but the general gist is that this specific company is very well known.

• 2 weeks later...

another pilot arrested yesterday at the airport for being drunk. :down: he was arrested at the airport before he got to the plane. so he won't face federal charges but the FAA is investigating his B/A level was .041 above the .040 leagle limit. the security screener smelled alcohol on his breath and notified airport police.