Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Guys

newt

what are the pros and cons of working on them? how is pay?

i currently have my 206 and longranger endorsements and have nearly 3 years on AStars and will soon be endorsed on them. However, it has always been the 407 that grabs my attention. I am a Bell guy, so i figure that all in all a Bell is a Bell, but I do imagine that they have there drawbacks like anything else.....

thanks for any feedback

Since they have got most of the bugs out of them now, they are a great machine. Like everything else they had there growing pains. Very much like working on a L4, not alot of room in the freewheel-tranny area.

Once you get the Rads figured out its a breeze. Balancing T/R shaft underneath the cooler can be a royal pain in the ***.

Good lifters!

I loved working on the 407... I spent the last 5 years doing so. Like all machines they have there moments but with all the upgrades over the years they are doing pretty good. What can I say I miss worling on them...

BTW Omega Aviation in YVR is looking for someone to wrench on their machines... 407 206 as355

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

have wrenched and flown the 407 for 6 years...t/r shaft balancing is a pain and as far as I can see is a waste of time...oil cooler bearings seem to be a continuing headache at least on the one I fly....m/r needs to be balanced at least every 6-12 mths...this is a 300 hr item anyways...other than that its a good ship..easy to work on...less work than the L4.... B)