Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The state of the industry for new hires?

Shea_G

There’s a lot of horrible owner/operators in Canada. Sadly they are the way into the seat more often than not. They get the scraps of work that go to the lowest bidder, yet you get experience and hours. Bush companies trying to be something they will never be, because of who the owner/operators are, culturally ****** human beings! The good companies are few and far in between. You won’t be picky starting out, pretty hard to be! That being said, I love my job and what I do for a living. I wouldn’t trade any of it to go back and do something else. Work/home life balance is hard to find, some never find it in this industry unfortunately. This industry will always challenge you, if you want it. Some days are filled with incredibly rewarding memories and experiences, things you would never get “staying at home”. It’s all up to what make you happy and feeling fulfilled. Do what’s best for you and your loved ones. Life’s short, you gotta be happy!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Billy Hill said:

There’s a lot of horrible owner/operators in Canada. Sadly they are the way into the seat more often than not. They get the scraps of work that go to the lowest bidder, yet you get experience and hours. Bush companies trying to be something they will never be, because of who the owner/operators are, culturally ****** human beings! The good companies are few and far in between. You won’t be picky starting out, pretty hard to be! That being said, I love my job and what I do for a living. I wouldn’t trade any of it to go back and do something else. Work/home life balance is hard to find, some never find it in this industry unfortunately. This industry will always challenge you, if you want it. Some days are filled with incredibly rewarding memories and experiences, things you would never get “staying at home”. It’s all up to what make you happy and feeling fulfilled. Do what’s best for you and your loved ones. Life’s short, you gotta be happy!

Work / home life balance is extinct in Canadas vtol world.  It’s always “we need a favour” “can you take the machine to” “it’s only another week or two” and you get brow beaten when you don’t roll.   I honestly don’t know anywhere that doesn’t do this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ellyorf4 said:

interesting information

It’s important for anyone contemplating getting into this “industry” to know what is happening.  I can’t speak for everyone else but if you run through any forums addressing these kinds of questions the consensus is very obvious.  

• Like 2