Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Salary Survey #2

no she doesn't twinstar, its not every day that a wife will push you to take a lower paying job and want to come along!! She likes the idea of living your dreams when your young enough to do it with out looking back as 'I just wished I'. the problem is she wants someone to hire both of us so she could fly all day too ( as a passanger). maybe she could run the IR cameras?? haha

:punk:

I remember when I first heard the term "IFR HOMO" it was in Somalia when for the first time ever, CHI hired VFR Pilots.

Needless to say, when the UN work dried up, the same folks calling us IFR HOMOS, were asking us "how do we learn to suck C@@K!"

Baboy.

:punk:

The only reason to ever get your Helicopter pilot's license is if you are the type of person who absolutely, completely, without a doubt, has to fly for a living.

If you aren't a nut who is addicted to the idea of flying all the time, then it's just a high risk, high stress job that you do for too many hours and too little pay, and never usually near your home.

Otherwise go for it.

Oh ya... you will have to lick people's feet for 2-5 years to even get a chance to be abused as an experienced heli pilot.

I mean... If some guy working for an Oil company or Pulp mill worked 5 weeks straight, 14 hours a day on a shift, he would be making 200k a year. We do it all the time for two thirds of the year and make 80-90k...

If some guy working for an Oil company or Pulp mill worked 5 weeks straight, 14 hours a day on a shift, he would be making 200k a year

Have you worked at a pulp mill? I worked at a pulp mill for 3 years and ya i made 80g's a year but it was the most incredibly boring thing i have ever done, i would rather listen to ####'s opinions on world politics all day then work there again. Even in the oilfield you have to have experience to make the big money 100+ and theres nothing fun about continuous 18 hour days slogging through the mud, trust me im doing it right now and im not getting 100 grand a year.