Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drill Ops In Canada

That is the first I heard of it, It might be some Client companies requirement like Shell in the past has required 212's for that work, but for the most part unless things have taken a turn in that direction Lately, I believe anything goes single or twin, I'm sure there are some folks here that will answer that quustion for you that are working in that department at this time.

The last I heard is that all drill companies in 2006 and forever in the near future will require a minimum of either the EH101 or the Super Freelon both of which have three engines. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Take care and fly safe all.Mini

Actually I was thinking more along the line of having one 407 with a good swivel on the belly hook and a 100 ft. longline going to a real good swivel on the rotor head of another 407 hovering at the end of the line with a real good swivel on its bell going the real good swivel on the head of the bottom 407 and a longline on that machine going to the load. If yall pulled at once....holy shite :up: :up:

Fly safe Mini.............

akadriver,

In Canada there are 10-15 drill crews operating in the busy season, of that about 4-6 crews will use a 212......the rest all use a 205. Havent seen a 204 moving drills much in the last 10 years or so. The 205/212 also allows you to move the entire crew of 14 guys (6 drills) to/from the job each day. Some crews only use 5 drills so thats 12 guys...Tight squeeze in a 204!

DMNH