Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206b Fan Bearings

warner

You need a 90 degree needle fitting to get the fwd fan bearing (although in a pinch you can take off the little firewall cover and get a straight needle fitting to the bearing from the front side). With a 90 degree fitting, you have to 'feel' your way to find the hole. For the rear bearing, turn the driveshaft until the grease holes are exposed through the lock. The book says grease @ 300, but I don't know anyone who dosen't at least give them a shot or two @ the 100.

I've been doing them at a 100 as well, seems to work better, been just using a straight fitting but now have a long fitting that I'm going to bend up to a 90, the pilot and I have different opinions about the greasing frequency, he says he's only seen it every 300 like the book says, thanks for your help

If your going to bend your needle fitting make sure you stick some .020 lockwire inside, then heat it so its red and then bend it. If you don't use lockwire you better buy a couple needle fittings.

Cheers :D

Right on the money Bubba, had to do the same years back.

ya need the wire to keep the needle open.

use a solid object to bend the needle over.