Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Congratulations Mel Schiller

3361-MelSchiller.jpg

HAI Announces Recipient of the 2006 Outstanding Certified Flight Instructor Award

Friday, January 26, 2007 / HAI

HAI is proud to announce this year’s Outstanding Certified Flight Instructor Award recipient, Mr. Mel Schiller. Schiller is a Flight Instructor for Canadian Helicopters Limited. His experience and expertise has made him one of the most requested instructors at the Canadian Helicopters School of Advanced Flight Training. Since 1977, Schiller has accumulated over 16,000 hours of flight experience, with close to 15,000 hours in the Bell Jet Ranger. In the last 20 years he has logged over 7,500 hours of instructor time.

For more than 50 years, Canadian Helicopters School of Advanced Flight Training has provided excellent service. Schiller’s technical expertise as an instructor is among the highest in the industry. He has mastered mountain flying techniques, external load long-line training, night flying, and annual recurrent training. His thorough approach has helped many students to sharpen their skill levels and to develop a better understanding of helicopter flight.

Schiller has worked with pilots from all over the world including Switzerland, Holland, Venezuela, and the Pakistan Air Force. He continues to be known throughout Canada as an invaluable source of information. He is someone who can relate to students from diverse backgrounds. Schiller has provided the foundation for the company’s training courses. His knowledge about the Jet Ranger, theory of flight, instructional techniques, terrain airflow, and mountain training prepares students well.

Congratulations Killer Schiller.

I was one of his students during my first year of revenue flying, Mel prepared me for logging support and subsequently, a time or two over my years with CHW, receiving recurrent training. He is an outstanding instructor, longline pilot and a wonderful guy. He's probably had students put him into any possible situation and he'll still be the quiet, calm guy in the left seat that will scare the crap out of you by just being silent as he analyzes how you just tried to kill him.

A buddy of mine recently went through a military mountain course with Mel. He's now sporting a shirt that reads "I've been to Mel and back"

I cannot think of anyone more meticulous in the cockpit, very good when you are recieving the training but scary when he's doing your PPC.

Thanks for what I've gained from the school Mel, and congratulations again.

RH.

Congrats Mel. It's GREAT thet you're being formally recognized as being the best and it's not as if you don't deserve it! :up: :up:

Rick

3361-MelSchiller.jpg

HAI Announces Recipient of the 2006 Outstanding Certified Flight Instructor Award

Friday, January 26, 2007 / HAI

HAI is proud to announce this year’s Outstanding Certified Flight Instructor Award recipient, Mr. Mel Schiller. Schiller is a Flight Instructor for Canadian Helicopters Limited. His experience and expertise has made him one of the most requested instructors at the Canadian Helicopters School of Advanced Flight Training. Since 1977, Schiller has accumulated over 16,000 hours of flight experience, with close to 15,000 hours in the Bell Jet Ranger. In the last 20 years he has logged over 7,500 hours of instructor time.

For more than 50 years, Canadian Helicopters School of Advanced Flight Training has provided excellent service. Schiller’s technical expertise as an instructor is among the highest in the industry. He has mastered mountain flying techniques, external load long-line training, night flying, and annual recurrent training. His thorough approach has helped many students to sharpen their skill levels and to develop a better understanding of helicopter flight.

Schiller has worked with pilots from all over the world including Switzerland, Holland, Venezuela, and the Pakistan Air Force. He continues to be known throughout Canada as an invaluable source of information. He is someone who can relate to students from diverse backgrounds. Schiller has provided the foundation for the company’s training courses. His knowledge about the Jet Ranger, theory of flight, instructional techniques, terrain airflow, and mountain training prepares students well.

Congratulations Killer Schiller.

I was one of his students during my first year of revenue flying, Mel prepared me for logging support and subsequently, a time or two over my years with CHW, receiving recurrent training. He is an outstanding instructor, longline pilot and a wonderful guy. He's probably had students put him into any possible situation and he'll still be the quiet, calm guy in the left seat that will scare the crap out of you by just being silent as he analyzes how you just tried to kill him.

A buddy of mine recently went through a military mountain course with Mel. He's now sporting a shirt that reads "I've been to Mel and back"

I cannot think of anyone more meticulous in the cockpit, very good when you are recieving the training but scary when he's doing your PPC.

Thanks for what I've gained from the school Mel, and congratulations again.

RH.

Mel,

You the man!! The Bell man. Thanks for all you have taught me and fellow other CHW students throughout your years at Pentiction.

We all feared the words from Jan's mouth, "Mel is doing your PPC ride tomorrow!" (I don't think any of us got sleep the night before after hearing that dreaded phrase!)

Seriously though, your training along with the other instructor's was allows top notch and professional!!!

T-rex.

Im pretty certain I watched Mel go through some flight work with someone today, really hard to tell how good an instructor is when sitting in your car watching from a few hundred feet away but I hear hes a really good guy to fly with.

Cole