Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Daily Mins

Guest broke

Guest broke

Just curious, does your company pay out your mins at the end of your tour or daily. I think that if I am grounded say, due to weather or no fires, and dont fly for 5 days then do 2 -- 10 hour days for that week, should I be paid for the (3 hour mins) times 5 days =15 hours plus 20 hours , for a total of 35 hours, OR , just paid for 21 hours for the week?

What do you think?

Just curious, does your company pay out your mins at the end of your tour or daily. I think that if I am grounded say, due to weather or no fires, and dont fly for 5 days then do 2 -- 10 hour days for that week, should I be paid for the (3 hour mins) times 5 days =15 hours plus 20 hours , for a total of 35 hours, OR , just paid for 21 hours for the week?

What do you think?

I think it totally depends on the company. I have worked for companies that gave 4 hour mins caculated daily, 3 hour mins calculated over the tour as well as 4 hour mins calculated over a six month period(based on days worked). I also know that some times it depends on the contract and what the customer has agreed upon. So you may end up getting 3 hours over the contract and then the next job you get 4 hours calculated daily, or in some cases, no mins :shock: . The big question is what does your agreement for employment state!

cheers

well written. thats exactly how i would have stated it. most of the customers i have been around are long term contract. min hours over a time period. I have always worked for good companies and was paid minimums over how many days i was on that contract. company looses a bit but everyone is happy.

well written. thats exactly how i would have stated it. most of the customers i have been around are long term contract. min hours over a time period. I have always worked for good companies and was paid minimums over how many days i was on that contract. company looses a bit but everyone is happy.

WHA?? minimum averaging! The company doesn't loose, you do!

The answer is E, All of the above

You should get,

1. what the company is being paid by the customer per day, i.e 3 or 4 hrs etc,

2. then that is averaged over your tour (lets not get greedy here...don't bite the hand that feeds you),

3. if your tour total exceeds the averaged minimums you should get that higher figure,

4. your employment agreement, (hopefully written policy), should say all this.

If your company is not charging minimums............

go work somewhere else that ain't so frickin' cheap!

• 3 weeks later...

I think that companies should quit averaging thier hours over contracts short or long term!!!!

This would then bring us up to the standard which other industries charge their equiptment out for.

My condolences to all those crew @Great slave who suffered through 2.5 hour per day mins averaged over thier contract with the MNR this past May, while others at least got 4 hrs per day still averaged. If you work in Alberta, you get 4 hours per day, unless you fly more than 4 hours, you get what you fly. If this was the standard for hire of helicopters across the country, aircrew and the companies they work for would make more money - a win win situation for everyone but the customer, who has the resources to pay to this standard.