Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Fenestron Question

Cirrus

I doubt many helicopters mix well with water. I also assume that NOTAR technology would not be susceptible to loosing it's 'Anti-torque effectiveness' due to similar conditions that the Bells suffer from.

I guess to rephrase and try an eliminate any question as to what I am asking...

Does anyone know if Fenestrons lose their ability to produce thrust due to interference from MR tip vorticies or 'fenestron VRS' as in "uncommanded left yaw' due to air re-circulating through the fenestron.

I personally would think that the size of the shroud surrounding the fenestron would eliminate the ability for a lot of the thrust to re-circulate thus eliminating the problem.

I'm not talking about a lack of power either.. That would be more like Fenestron settling avec insufficient power.

Let's say - An EC120, low altitude, low AUW.

Constructive comments?

Happy New Year YFF's