Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bambi Bucket Vs. Simplex Bucket

I like the bucket that works and keeps on working. I don't know what the simplex is like but a well maintained bambi plus a spare has done me well. I really like the torrentula valve as it has been fairly bullet proof (once the action in the control head is understood) but they don't have one for lights.

I watched the simplex at HAI and it looks good but it won't fit in the ski basket when folded up. However a torrentula valve bucket hardly fits the back seat - it is best in a truck!

As stated you have to get the bucket folded up an in the back seat...have never tried the simplex so don't know how it would be to get it in the back seat...on the other hand I do know that the bambi for the 407 requires at least 3 guys to wrestle that 200 gallon piece of crap into the machine...tried it just once by myself...took 15 minutes and just about died...another 10 minutes sitting in machine to catch my breath...not fun :o ...also the weight of the bucket really does a number on the seat cushions and the attachment brackets...these brackets are the cheapest piece of junk I have ever seen and they brake all the time ...not rated for a bucket I guess <_<

I'm curious about how the simplex bucket has been working. Which bucket do you prefer for a light aircraft? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cole H

The simplex bucket is working fine and they now have a lighter version for smaller aircraft, Bell 206 and 500. The smaller bucket comes with a thinner aluminum base which fits on the side baggage compartments on the AS350 series without the squirrel cheeks. They now have a two wire system that eliminates the controller and runs the bucket on manual. Depending what you want to do with your bucket will depend what system you choose. The simplex bucket is a bit heavier but has more options on the basic bucket. i.e volume control, fast and slow drop. The small bucket at HAI does fit in a Dart basket, I put it in myself. Hope this helps