Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gateway?

Doors closed...equipment for sale, certainly sounds like it. Shame. Website still up though.

No, I don't beleive the doors are closed. They have laid off pretty much everybody, except the people required to run the flight school. I think that they are deffinatly hurting though, probably trying to down size like many other operators, and waiting for the flying season to get started again.

No, I don't beleive the doors are closed. They have laid off pretty much everybody, except the people required to run the flight school. I think that they are deffinatly hurting though, probably trying to down size like many other operators, and waiting for the flying season to get started again.

That is almost right Superwrench. I worked at ateway for a long time and was one of the poor souls to be laid off. They kept just enough people to keep things going. All the machines were up for sale, but not all the machines are sold. They will be operating a small fleet this summer. They are in the same boat alot of other companies are in. Hopefully the minning market will bounce back sooner than later and things can get back to normal. I wish all the guys and girls at Gateway the best of luck and had tons of fun working with all of them. Tell your friends when they say Gateway has closed the doors that that is "Inncorrect" they still got the doors open and things are turning around slowly. Hope everyone else is making it through these hard times.

Chopper_Doc

That is almost right Superwrench. I worked at ateway for a long time and was one of the poor souls to be laid off. They kept just enough people to keep things going. All the machines were up for sale, but not all the machines are sold. They will be operating a small fleet this summer. They are in the same boat alot of other companies are in. Hopefully the minning market will bounce back sooner than later and things can get back to normal. I wish all the guys and girls at Gateway the best of luck and had tons of fun working with all of them. Tell your friends when they say Gateway has closed the doors that that is "Inncorrect" they still got the doors open and things are turning around slowly. Hope everyone else is making it through these hard times.

Chopper_Doc

Hope its a good fire season.Great company great staff.