Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Few Closing Thoughts For The Year

I for one think that having a couple less NZ'ers and definitely one less Aussie flying mediums this season, has raised the professionalism bar exponentially.

When you see the K1W1's and Ockkers bailing out of VFR into IFR - sit up and take heed Canada... things must be ****** and ya'll are a low $hit system.

Insightful as ever my friend. Enjoyed the read. Glad to hear all my good mates made it through another year with some remuneration firmly in hand.

Come to NZ for a flying sabbatical and get ready to write. I doubt there is enough bandwidth to describe the gong show happening around here.

Note all Canadians:

There is one kiwi/canuk riding the Auckland motorway daily with a decent sized flag of CANADA jammed in the backpack and creating quite a bit of parasite drag at 130km/hr. It's great to see the patriotism for the Rugby World Cup but the maple leaf is overwhelmed by the thousands of flags of Tonga (which happen to be Red and White too) and I am sure some people are ignorant to be thinking "gosh... that's a white looking Tongan?!"

Go Canada GO.

WTF are you talking about? At any rate we will be holding a chair at table in YFB for Xmas for you, if you can make it.......

• Like 1

Probably the most insulting and degrading posts ever made on this site, by a factor of at least 10.

Trust me, Bucko, you ARE on my list of truly dedicated ARSEHOLES!!

aww sorry there splitty

Let me turn the light bulb on for ya ......*bing*.

I clearly touched a nerve. Did you think I was targeting you? I actually targeted the general population of lazy engineers I know, and the list is growing unfortunately.

I stand by my statements

• Like 1

The con's people can get caught up in making money and some end up letting things slide. My biggest issue is that the snags on a aircraft that has been operating great for the pilot when you asked him how things are going, suddenly has multiple problems that appear just before or shortly after a crew change. Or you arrive with a big box of parts that were ordered a week before the crew change. A con for the base guys is they end up fixing a machine for the field guy to take away and make flight pay on it.

I worked up north for a large oil company and every one received northern allowance pay, there was no flight pay issue. Yet, at the end of a tour, the departing pilots would ALWAYS fill the logbook up with snags instead of reporting them all on a daily basis. This made the AMES look they were doing nothing to keep the machines flying and despite our complaining to the "grownups", the practise continued for the 6 years I was there. So flight pay isn't the only reason for "goin home day snags"

• Like 1