Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Atpl Exams

copternwt

Trying to find out what subject matters the HARON & HAMRA are on.

Transport shows this:

Air Regulations and Air Traffic Procedures, Helicopter Operations and Navigation General - HARON

Meteorology, Radio Aids to Navigation and Flight Planning - HAMRA

but in the syllabus to study for the ATPL-H it also lists:

-airframes, engines and aircraft systems

-instruments

-theory of flight

-human factors

but it doesn't say which exam those are applicable too.

I am ready to write HAMRA but want to make sure I dont get any surprises on the exam.

Anyone know the answer?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Not answering the question sorry, but in regards to the ATPL exams, because they are good for 2 years if you were to not fulfill the requirements for the ATPL license do you simply need to rewrite the exams?

Simply stated: YES!

All you needs to do is rewrite the exam every 2 years to keep it up to snuff.

Cheers

H.

Last question, how does TC limit who can and cannot write the exams? Do you show them your logbook in advance?

I don't think you have to show your logbook to write the ATPL exam's but you do need 50% of the experience to write the exams and are required to sign a legal declaration that you have the experience to write the exams.