Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Very Poor Viz

Just to clarify, there's no bitchin on the pilot, he certainly knew very well the terrain has i have mentioned on the post. Just curious to hear from others on different situation manner..

Friends of mine and many others have seen worst than that on big fires..

I wouldn't be very comfortable flying in that kind of soup, nor appreciate this kind of ops either, as my level of experience would make it a nightmare for me and the pax.

One thing a would appreciate tho is the training in this kind of low viz cond with a much experience guy than me..

tha zall !

Coco.

HeliRico,

Flying in weather depicted in the vid is pretty normal stuff, that isn't to say that a person can't say no %$#@*&@ way am i going to fly in that! That kind of reaction is healthy and will keep you alive. Making the decision to fly in marginal weather in mountains comes with experience, there will be a day when it's just another flight to you. There isn't a mountain pilot alive that can't tell you some stories of close calls and most have a few encounters that still give them a cold shiver.

W.

• Like 1