Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Little Help With A Company Name?

tDawe

Someone told me (isn't that how most topics start on here?) that there was a company in the oil patch who is in the process of putting together a program to use a 212 for 24 hour medevac in response to requests from the oil companies, but they couldn't remember the name of the company. I don't suppose anyone on here knows who they might be? Is there much Night VFR work done out there?

Thanks in advance

tDawe

From what I understand, Trekk Helicopters of Peace River was involved in that project and the rumor at the time was that they would use a triple deuce but nothing more has been heard about the project.

One aspect about it that we wondered about was how much more effective an IFR medevac helicopter would be than the current fleet of operators that already work in the area. How do you land at a remote compressor station at night and in crappy weather?

Needless to say, the rumor started many a "water cooler" discussion but we haven't heard a thing in a long time!

tDawe --- "Yes"

Helidude -----(1) "No"...not Trekk...the company is history. Look for spares in

Grimshaw.

(2) 24hr service.

(3) As long as it's done and set up properly and you get approval from

MOT, you can make an IFR approach almost anywhere.

Maggie -----"Yes" and "No".

Let's just say that's something I know and leave it there. Anything further I'll leave for 'Collective'.

HI guys..

The company is called LifeView MedAir with head office in Athabasca. The company is an affilliate of LifeView Emergency Services. Long time paramedic provider in Alberta. It has been placed in a holding pattern for the next while. I am no longer involved (have to eat) but the main player is still working it all up with plans to continue when other things are settled with him ( according to the last I heard from him). The 222 is one of (that was the plan) VIH's air ambulances and to answer the question "what could it do that othrr operators couldn't.".well, it is an air ambulance. Equiped as such with all the air ambulance toys. Manned (crewed) by paramedics and IFR ATP drivers. Only thing it would do is medivac. NO challange to others in the area with heavys in terms of other work. Oil and Gas people want it bad as does the government. It's a big venture with many hurdles. But the guy who is organizing it all is just the guy to get it done. Hope this answers your questions. As I said, I am no longer invloved but do have some inside on occasion.

cheers

You get the ATPL when you get your Class 4 unless they changed the rules. What you stated with regards ratings was possible in the F/W world for eons, where you could have an IFR Rating and not necessatily have your ATR. Then again, there was also something called "Block Airspace" and a "Senior Commerical License"........and now all gone to history.