Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Instructor rating

412driver

has anyone out there recently written the HIRAF and FIREN exams? i''m looking at pursuing my instructor rating and i''m wondering what''s out there for "study" material? i have the HARON and HAMRA atpl "study" material that i''d be happy to exchange in kind.........

thanks........

Hey RD,

Can probably put my paws on them within a few weeks, thought I had a copy of the exams .......oops meant "study material" lying around the crib but no luck.

For those guys whom missed my first offer on the ATPL-H, or I missed you, PM me with a request and I will forward you some "good" study material.....

Mr. 412 Driver:

Those flight instructor test books written by Coulhane seems OK (Did them both for my class 2 and 4) and when I scored more than 80 points on all tests, I wrote. The Pultz Flight instructor guide is also a good one, more theorethical, and aimed at plank drivers, there is still a lot of good stuff.

Tell you what, you get me a type rating in a 412, and I''ll do your exams for you!!

Just sign the dotted line, after the X:

X.........................................

Otherwise, forgot to tell you, but then again you probably already know, you can get the helicopter Instructor Guide from Transport Canada, downloadable for free!

I would expect anything on your test would be from that publication (anything for the HIRAF anywho)

For the FIREN, if you have any IFR ratings and knowledge, it will be a piece of cake, as it is basic simple IFR principles, ans instruments.

Give us a PM and I''ll search for the manual for you.