Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best Instructor Written Exam Study Guide?

Mark K

I am working on my Instructor rating and would like a study guide for the written...I know that many dont like Culhane due to the errors that seem to continuously pop up but what are some other options?

Any instructors out there that could help me out on what, in your opinion, is the best study guide?

Thanks,

-Mark

I agree that the Culhane isn''t great, but it''s better than nothing. I figure about 5% might be wrong with another 5% questionable, still leaves 90% good stuff.

One source that is often overlooked is the questions at the back of the Instructor''s Guide. They are intended as suggestions for questions you can use with your students but they are also great reviews when you''re studying. They''re not all easy to answer either, so they can be very useful as discussion topics with your instructor as you work together to figure out the answer.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...