Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Away From Base $

Heres a sign of the times for all of you who have ever thought about becoming an IFR weenie.

CHC Global is paying $300.00 dollars a day for every day you extend a tour. Thats in addition to the AFB pay, monthly salary and the per diem. Having been caught this Christmas season with not enough crews they doubled the extended tour pay to $600.00 a day on some bases.

Might be time to go for that Instrument rating. The shortage is only going to get worse.

My employer doesnt pay a "away pay", most of us only get to the base once a year for training! We get a fair perdiem, all expenses, a monthly salary and a daily gaurentee of hours when on a job. We only work 2 weeks a month.

50 seems to be average for good companies.

Being familyless, I pulled all the holidays this year. I did get a christmas box from the office the other day show up at my motel room. I was a little blown away...

A Sweatshirt , new hat, stainless coffee mug, nice new knife.... I kept looking in the box for an aligator, but didnt see one... first time for everything!!