Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Formation Flying...

TQN ------ good of you to note that the 129th is part of the 101st Airborne and NOT part of the Air Cav as Hollywood likes to have people believe. A lot of dudes have flown helicopters and fought a lot of battles in the US Army and never had anything at all to do with the 1st Air Cav.

Funny, just after I made that comment there was something on the news about a summit for global warming... all the higher ups were getting out of motorcades... Each one had their own stretch limo... good thing theyre doing their part to save the environment.

Seeing that many helicopters in formation would be a cool thing to do.

Kinda reminds me of Summer '03 in Osoyoos.

TQN---------- I "stand"....."No" hang-on a second because my back is aching, so I'll "sit corrected". :D:(

Cole ------ Do you know of some politician anywhere who is concerned about what kind of fuel or how much goes into the gas tank of the car hauling his *** around? He's just concerned about what the "local yokels" might be serving for the next meal in this part of the world.

Al Gore

Don't get me started, Cole. :lol:

TQN ---------- :P :P :P

Don't get me started, Cap. :lol:

My favorite things when I was in the 506th was the night assaults with a gaggle of 60's, it was awesome in hindsight to see what those boys could do. Hate to be on the receiving end.

Did that involve parachuting into dark and scary places as a regiment of the 101st Airborne? Iraq, perhaps? Sorry...too curious...

I only saw a mini gaggle of Blackhawks (3) not too long ago in formation. Still awesome!