Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

B3 Starting Issues... Help!

350B3- Hung start at 30%:

(Assuming the engine lite up since its at 30%)

Info on the T4 at 30 % would help in troubleshooting.

Info on Engine Model 2B or 2B1.

Possible causes:

1. Battery, The voltage drop should not go below 20 volts.

Use an APU start and again watch the voltage drop.

2. Starter Brushes and commutator.

3. Starter connection: terminal -C- 20 volts minimun.

4. Starter terminal -C (Input voltage) for tightness.

5. Starter terminal -E- ( ground lug) for tightness.

6. 5N ground ( Inside rear baggage compartment (RH side)

7. Battery lugs for tightness.

ADJUSTED FUEL VALVE:

8 Disconnect both cannon plugs from the Adjusted Fuel Valve on the top of the engine,

and check Ohms between fixed plug ,pins 1 and 3 which should be between 33-38 Ohms.

This is the Start Valve and the ON-OFF Valve coil resistance.

9. Pins 1 of the moble plug should have good continiuity to ground.

10. Adjusted Fuel Valve P3 air line should have no fuel in it.

( meaning no fuel running back to the tank with the engine lite)

Note:

i have had two Adjusted Fuel Valves cause a hung start, possibly, they did not fully

open.

Last: it would be possible for the HMU to limit fuel but this is a last resort ( high cost)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll disagree with you on that Mac.....we clearly have an issue with experience on type here. Not the flashy gadgets. I tend to think that the flashy gadgets are more reliable than the old crap anyway, even though when they do fail, it requires you to use your brain a bit more to figure out the problem, but thats what we get paid to do.

A call to a tech rep would have been my choice before posing the question to a public forum.

I'll disagree with you on that Mac.....we clearly have an issue with experience on type here. Not the flashy gadgets. I tend to think that the flashy gadgets are more reliable than the old crap anyway, even though when they do fail, it requires you to use your brain a bit more to figure out the problem, but thats what we get paid to do.

A call to a tech rep would have been my choice before posing the question to a public forum.

well I would agree with you about the tech-rep,but the electronics on the B3 in our experience are a bloody nusiance,not reliable, hard to diagnose,intermittent or not readily explainable.

well I would agree with you about the tech-rep,but the electronics on the B3 in our experience are a bloody nusiance,not reliable, hard to diagnose,intermittent or not readily explainable.