Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Silver State Helicopters Usa

Guest JeffyG

Guest JeffyG

i guess its a bit of a cultural thing between canada and the ol' usa.... few quotes from the school's webpage

'Pilot salaries are rising due to the pilot shortage. A chief pilot in the Texas-Louisiana “Oil Patch” has seen his or her salary double in the last 10 years, with the average salary now over $100,000 annually. Other industry sources have reported similar gains in average salaries in most every other area of helicopter flying.'.

..... Average of 100,000 us... not bad

' The bad news is you can’t just go to school, get your commercial license and walk right into one of these jobs. You will have less than 200 hours of flight experience when you get your commercial license, and most of these jobs require 1,000 hours or more.

So, you’re asking, how do I get from here to there? In this business, your first job, realistically, is going to be as a flight instructor. Some people are a little taken back by this. “You mean, I just learned this skill, and my first job is to teach others?” Absolutely yes, and it works for everyone. For you, teaching others what you know will make you a better pilot. And, you get paid to log hours in the helicopter as the pilot in command, which is what you need to after the commercial job you’ve already got your eyes on. For the industry, it assures an expanding network of instructors to fill the pilot void that is already rearing its ugly head and is only going to get worse before it gets better.

... thats just plain scary to me....

Not surprised SSH finally made mention here. Rumor has it that folks should be careful what is said here so no...ahem...litigation trouble surfaces. :) Or so I've heard.

I recall a little flack "down under" shot in that direction.