Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

No Wop Wop From A 205?

This topic reminds me of the mid 70's when taking a 205 back to King City from James Bay for a 1000 hr inspection I mentioned to the pilot that the area north of our hanger had a lot of people who were not fans of the helicopter noise.

With that in mind he lower the altitude by a 500 ft and kicked the airspeed up by 10kts

Yes we were greeted by the boss on landing and he was a tad pissed off.

'Everything has it's place' guys and that 'crack' was damned useful one time....if used properly. Don't forget the 204/05's origins were military and built specifically for Vietnam. Down low over the trees, going full-bore and 'Charlie' could hear you coming alright, but didn't have a **** clue from WHICH direction exactly.

Heavier loads and high speeds will greatly upset Momma trying to get the 1 year old to sleep in the afternoon, so we all gotta take it a bit easy or grab a bunch of altitude and/or make that descent profile a tad steeper on approach.

Down low over the trees, going full-bore and 'Charlie' (now the customer!) could hear you coming alright, but didn't have a **** clue from WHICH direction exactly.

Just another day in paradise... :oops:

OK Cap. I will try and be a more responsible pilot... :blur:

:lol: :lol:

Cap...I have seen 407 driver perform a very steep...almost autorotative approach into Canmore at 9pm in a 212...although I love the sound, most people don't and being a gentlman, he does this for the consideration of all the one year olds going to sleep.

Mark