Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 407 "racing" At Mosport ?

updown

NO...that was just a local CRDA/CASC weekend event. He was just being an a**hole and generally endangering peoples lives while adding to the ever growing list of people who think helicopters are dangerous and noisy and don't want them around. Well done!! Another in a long list of stupid "stunts" !! Anybody ever hear about his water skiing demonstration....pulling a skier by the skid on his TwinRanger ? So irresponsible....gives the whole industry a bad name.

I wonder what planet some of you guys come from....

Give me a chance to lap Mosport in ANYTHING, including a 407, and I'd take it. Normally I'm against prescription Meds, but it seems you could use a few.

AR :down:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Helicopters film at race tracks around the world all of the time. Big deal!

Watch the video below.

Click Here

yea, and lets not mention the fact that the guy in the porsche is not wearing a helmet, four wheel drifting on the corners, mentions at the 0:44 mark that he's oversteering! at the 1:03 mark that he is doing 110 mph!!, and at the 1:44 mark, he loses it!!! and they're recording the whole event for the discovery channel.......but i guess since they did it on an approved track....it's ok then. :blink: not that there are any impressionable up and coming young drivers out there that may have watched. :huh:

would have gone from the discovery channel to the "maXtreme" program pretty quick had he crashed.

NO...that was just a local CRDA/CASC weekend event. He was just being an a**hole and generally endangering peoples lives while adding to the ever growing list of people who think helicopters are dangerous and noisy and don't want them around. Well done!! Another in a long list of stupid "stunts" !! Anybody ever hear about his water skiing demonstration....pulling a skier by the skid on his TwinRanger ? So irresponsible....gives the whole industry a bad name.

And I can tell you for sure that the 407 WAS filming.

yea, and lets not mention the fact that the guy in the porsche is not wearing a helmet, four wheel drifting on the corners, mentions at the 0:44 mark that he's oversteering! at the 1:03 mark that he is doing 110 mph!!, and at the 1:44 mark, he loses it!!! and they're recording the whole event for the discovery channel.......but i guess since they did it on an approved track....it's ok then. :blink: not that there are any impressionable up and coming young drivers out there that may have watched. :huh:

would have gone from the discovery channel to the "maXtreme" program pretty quick had he crashed.

His name is Tiff Needell for “Fifth Gear” (BBC)

what are you going to hit? you got height, you got airspeed your are outside of the curve, lots of options to land its flat etc... seems to me like your more of a danger with your longline on putting a big hunk of metal into a drill pad with guys grabbing onto it above the 90' trees

my 2 cents