Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell 407 "racing" At Mosport ?

updown

Bad things can happen !!

IDENTIFICATION

Regis#: 261BH Make/Model: B206 Description: BELL 206B HELICOPTER

Date: 09/11/2007 Time: 1410

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N

Damage: Destroyed

City: SARASOTA State: FL Country: US

DESCRIPTION

N261BH, A BELL 206B ROTORCRAFT, CRASHED WHILE FILMING A RACING BOAT, THERE

WERE THREE PERSONS ON BOARD, TWO WERE FATALLY INJURED AND ONE SUSTAINED

SERIOUS INJURIES, NEAR NOKIMAS BEACH, CASEY KEY, SOUTH OF SARASOTA, FL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 2

# Crew: 3 Fat: 2 Ser: 1 Min: 0 Unk:

# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should lighten up. He probably did it because he could and it was fun. You are just upset because you'd be too "afeared" to do something cool like that. Did I ever tell you about the time I just about hit a Duece and a half on the range road in Borden with a 212. You should have seen the size of the driver's eyeballs when we met half way around the corner with me in a 45 degree bank turn at zero feet, and I mean zero feet. I'll bet he thought my blades were going to cut his truck in half. After that we went APC hunting out in the driver training area. It was a great day.

****...."there are old pilots and there are bold pilots................"you can fill in the rest.

[quote There haven't been 212s in Borden for quite some time. He might have a grey hair or two. Hazeus

There are exceptions to every rule. Last year I just graduated into the ranks of the "Old Guys", I turned the big 50, I had get my first pair of reading glasses and I passed 10,000 hours.

You're right about the grey hairs, Hazy. Those were the fun days for sure. The TacHel rule book was only one page long and it was written in size 20 font. Basically the philosophy of it was, fly as low as you can, as fast as you can.

[quote There haven't been 212s in Borden for quite some time. He might have a grey hair or two. Hazeus

There are exceptions to every rule. Last year I just graduated into the ranks of the "Old Guys", I turned the big 50, I had get my first pair of reading glasses and I passed 10,000 hours.

You're right about the grey hairs, Hazy. Those were the fun days for sure. The TacHel rule book was only one page long and it was written in size 20 font. Basically the philosophy of it was, fly as low as you can, as fast as you can.

You forgot the part about making the tough guys scream like little girls.

they will ALL scream like little girls when they become one

with the BORG,

Flybell

You got that right. Probably the stupidest rule in the book is that "landing 2000 feet away from the built up area" rule. When I wants a coffee or a cheeseburger, I don'ts want to be walking 1/2 a mile to get it. What the **** good is having a heliocopter, if'n you can't land right up close to where you wants to be.