Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Grads

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bag swinnger

22 Cap:

I logged time in fnv, var, lar, bfl, nle, and cir. about six years ago out of buttonville. dont know how many of those machines are still around at that base.

I have been working out west flying in the heli portable seismic part of the buisness.

Is kirk still the man in charge out there?

Does every one still live in the hangar?

22 Cap:

I logged time in  fnv, var, lar, bfl, nle, and cir. about six years ago out of buttonville.  dont know how many of those machines are still around at that base.

I have been working out west  flying in the heli portable seismic  part of the buisness.

Is kirk still the man in charge out there?

Does every one still live in the hangar?

BFL and NLE are still kicking............the rest are gone on to other owners or heli heaven.

Yes kirk is still "da man" and I'm writing to you from the luxurious back room or the ol hanger......CTV shaking the walls will never get old. Good to hear you're flying!!!! Always a sign of hope!

Guest CHEVY II

I received my training in 91/92 at the Sudbury base as well...FIO, FKW, the beta 22??? :huh: and NLE. Doug Tomkins and Rob Carroll were my trusty leaders then...A-1 training :up: Kinda miss doin full-ons! :shock: Still working on the east coast. Dave L. was working on his instuctors, Dennis Venturi and his boots, and John Shultz and his amazing tales in the 500...I had alot of laughs there and learnt plenty....just wish I still remembered it all :blink:must be the hittin 40 thing!

and I'm still flogging around in a 206! :wacko:

Guest bag swinnger

22 cap

ah the old back room, I liked it for the buissness jets taking off on runway 21 5:00 am at 250 feet away from my bed, s76' and astars landing twenty five feet away. Hot in the summer time though had to steal and re route airconditioning ducts from the neighbours just so we would not melt in that tin shack. is that dolly still operational?

22 cap

ah the old back room, I liked it for the buissness jets taking off on runway 21 5:00 am at  250 feet away from my bed, s76' and astars landing twenty five feet away. Hot in the summer time though had to steal and re route airconditioning ducts from the neighbours just so we would not melt in that tin shack. is that dolly still operational?

yes well it's January and the back room is about plus 7 on good nights.......maybe have to re-route some heating ducts ;) The dollie still works like a charm.....move it daily to retreave lost ping-pong balls. Oh yeah....the odd chopper as well.....haha

Chevy......you from the east coast origianlly? I'm from Halifax and did my fixed wing training there at Shearwater and pumped gas at the Avitat for a year. I heard.....well read through you......that Cougar's VFR work is gone.....what is Vision Air Services Inc.....east coast still?