Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Afgan Crash

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

412 Driver - Mark B and yes he was a good guy. May he rest in peace.

Working in a godforsaken piece of shite country trying to help these camel humpers turn their country into something and they pull crap like this., My two cents worth, burn the dam lot down, turn it into a glass parking lot and forget about it. End of my rant.

Heli Ops

• 2 weeks later...

i said i'd post news if i got it and here it is................. :(

got word from someone that was there. the machine was on the ground when attacked. mark tried to lift off but ended up rolling it over and it ended up on it's side. as mark was crawling out he was shot in the head from behind....... :angry:

pull our people, plug in the coordinates and fire at will. level that s#&thole and everyone in it. like said earlier, turn it into a glass parking lot!!

412 Driver - Mark was the consumate professional and to be shot in the back of the head by a low life, whose country he was trying to help, is the ultimate betrayal. Its not as if the 212 had camo markings on it, the dam thing was red white and black, presuming it was in the same company colours.

My two cents worth, take , napalm the place from top to bottom and then turn it all into a glass parking lot. Problem - What Problem. :up:

Unfortunately in the helicopter industry pilots and operators go where they have to or they dont have a job. In this case Mark would have lept at the chance to go somewhere new. Unfortunately it cost him his life. Those that knew him knew one of the industry's true professionals, in my opinion. He may be gone but wont be forgotten.

Heli Ops