Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Highland Helicopters

:o:o My condolences to his family and to Highland, I briefly knew Terry, he was gonna give me a summer ground crew job@ one of their bases if base ops was good enough at that base but it did not work out,but he gave me a chance (a 16 year old who loves this industry) to be ground crew. Terry was a great person and will be missed.

My condolences.

Matt

My condolences go out to Terry's family, friends and everyone at Highland. As a low time pilot, looking for work, Terry was one of the few people that spent an extended amount of time with me. His advice and words of encouragement were greatly appreciated at a time when not too many people were willing to give me the time of day. Terry will be missed! :(

My condolences go out to his friends and family.

I met Terry the same way many of the people above did - as a 100 hour pilot looking for work. I continued to run into Terry in the years to come as I built my time with other companies. He was always kind to me and will be missed.

I met Terry once or twice, it does'nt really matter how many times, I knew enough about him and Highland through the grapevine that I know that his type will be sadly missed in the industry.

My condolences to the remainder of the clan.

Terry was a person very much who shared my love of the industry.

Take care guy and see you shortly.

Cheers, Don

Vancouver Sun - Obituaries (07/15/04)

CHURCOTT _ Terry. After following his dreams for many years Terry peacefully returned to his Creator July 12, 2004. Beloved husband of Dianna, much loved and respected father of Rob (Carmen), Wade and grandfather of Joshua and Connor. Sadly missed by his brother Rick (Darlene), nephew Randy, niece Amber, and many other family and friends. Memorial service and reception Saturday, July 17, 2004 at 2:00 pm at Victory Memorial Park Funeral Centre, 14831 - 28th Avenue, Surrey, BC. Donations can be made to the BC Cancer Foundation. Victory Memorial Park Funeral Centre 604-536-6522

I'm not sure if posting this is untasteful or not but I thought some friends who haven't seen Terry in a while might appreciate the information.

Rest In Peace

I had the pleasure of working for Terry for a few years ('90-'92). I never flew a revenue hour for them then, but he gave me a few ferry flights and a few hundred ground runs. TC was a wonderful person and a great pilot. During training he would often have a cup of coffee with him. I've seen him perform autos and other maneuvers while holding the cup with his cyclic hand, absolutely some of the finest flying I've ever seen.

Highland lost a great leader and the industry has lost a great friend.

RH

GKGI.jpg