Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drivers Licence

Guest bag swinnger

Guest bag swinnger

"Airspan Helicopters Ltd. is looking to add to it's team. The successful candidate will have:

Minimum 3000hrs PIC

206,350 and 205 endorsments.

Longline experience(precision and production)

Approved Mountain Course

Other assets are:

CRM Flying in The Wire Environment Course

Class 1 Drivers' License

Heli Ski experience"

Ah shuck's, I only have a class three drivers licence... rolleyes.gif

Its been awhile since I drove out west, but it's looking like class 1 includes the airbrake endorsement, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see why that should grab a rolling eyes response.

It is afterall just an "asset"

Would you roll your eyes at an ad with a different aircraft endorsement you don't possess?

Well, if I had a Class One, I would consider it of considerable value. You can drive anything.

Semi's, Buses, etc. I would expect to be paid on par for it as well. Yes, its an asset, a very lucrative asset that you should be well compensated for. You can always get a job with it, as opposed to your Helicopter licence. As for the other point about aircraft endorsments, I love those Wanted: Other people's pilots ads. If you need pilots on the machines you operated-endorse them.

Guest bag swinnger

Not trying to crap on Airspan at all, I consider them a good operator, one that I would gladly work for.

An airbrake endorsement is available as just an endorsement, or combined with a class 3 or class 1. A class 1 license is considered a career all on its own. It just struck me as an odd combination to look for in an experienced helicopter pilot add. that is all, nothing more to it than that…

Nor was I. Just an observation on how things have changed. Of course, it's up to you to make yourself as attractive as possible for employment. I have a Class 3 and use it. I can also headspace and time a .50 calibre machine gun. Some things just look better on a resume.

Could probably make more money with that class 1 than most jobs flying!

Undoubtedly, Fort MacMurray can always use a good broke down truck drivin' helicopter pilots!

I had a quiet winter in 1992 and went out and did my course in Vancouver on an old 1973 White Western Star with a 53' trailer in tow. I don't know who was more scared, me or those little old ladies in Chinatown. I did learn a lot about driving and backing up with a trailer. It gave me the chance to work on the airport at YVR for PLH (fueling) as well as Cathay Pacific (scissor lift catering truck) while I looked for a flying job.

When I had the chance to fly for Canadian, they kept me busy in the winter hauling parts around, sadly making more money than I did in the summer flying.

Here I sit almost twenty years later and I somehow still have a class one drivers license in my wallet. Whenever the DOT send me a medical to submit, my Aviation Medical Examiner is happy to oblige.

"Airspan Helicopters Ltd. is looking to add to it's team. The successful candidate will have:

Minimum 3000hrs PIC

206,350 and 205 endorsments.

Longline experience(precision and production)

Approved Mountain Course

Other assets are:

CRM Flying in The Wire Environment Course

Class 1 Drivers' License

Heli Ski experience"

Ah shuck's, I only have a class three drivers licence... rolleyes.gif

A Class 1 Drivers License would allow a Pilot to put his machine on a "Floater"(save flying cost to a job) or drive a fuel truck, whatever. It's amazing how people have to dissect somebody else's requirements. If you really must know, call Airspan and quit making useless comments.

Guest bag swinnger

"A Class 1 Drivers License would allow a Pilot to put his machine on a "Floater"(save flying cost to a job) or drive a fuel truck, whatever. It's amazing how people have to dissect somebody else's requirements. If you really must know, call Airspan and quit making useless comments."

and just think, you have the whole day ahead of you. Enjoy! wink.gif